Grenzo, Dungeon Warden - The Slot Machine of Value

Hitman
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Hitman » 1 month ago

Havoc Eater has been a pretty fun new card, goading and getting a huge flying creature has helped close games

Tags:

snowfox54119
Pronoun: he / him

Post by snowfox54119 » 2 weeks ago

Barren Soultrader seems like an extremely easy new include from the upcoming set

Hitman

Post by Hitman » 2 weeks ago

Definitely, Marionette Apprentice is also another great new card of interest

crowned

Post by crowned » 2 weeks ago

I am excited for boggart trawler. Tutorable GY removal and not taking a deck slot. Happy to see more useful double-sided cards which are working really well for what we want to do with Grenzo: 3 power or less creatures and as few as possible non-creatures.

JBdnr

Post by JBdnr » 1 week ago

Barren Soultrader, Boggart Trawler // Boggart Bog and Grim Servant will definitely be included. Marionette Apprentice is worth considering.

As to the Havoc Eater . I thought I might like him, too. But as we mostly flip on the end step before our turn, our opponents' creatures are never goaded during their combat.

Hitman

Post by Hitman » 2 days ago

2 new great lands to consider;
- Lazotep Quarry, comes in untapped, can serve as a a way to sac a creature and is emergency late game reanimation for one of our creatures
- Talon gates of Madara, comes in untapped, can filter for mana and is a perfect way to save Grenzo from removal or a boardwipe while at the same time ramping us. It's also useful in the conercase that we need to use it on a opponents creature.
I consider these almost auto-includes for my list

DromarX

Post by DromarX » 1 day ago

I've got over 10 cards I've earmarked to try from MH3/M3C which is a LOT of changes for a single set:

Warren Soultrader - sac outlet that makes treasures and also happens to be a goblin? What's not to love (besides the presale price of the card)? I'll definitely be jamming this in.

Grim Servant - an ETB tutor for black devotion we can hit off Grenzo? I tend to shy away from the spell tutors like DT and Vampiric but one tied to a small creature is an ideal add.

Accursed Marauder - almost a strict upgrade to Fleshbag Marauder so I'll be making that swap for sure

I think all the MDFCs in our colors are worth trying out since they give us more Grenzo hits and/or spells without impacting our land count.

Boggart Trawler - the best of the bunch as a graveyard hate we can flip off of Grenzo that is also a goblin if you care about goblin synergies.

Fell the Profane - creature/planeswalker removal. We have plenty of this creature removal tied to creatures obviously but I'm not going to say no to an extra removal that can double as an untapped land.

Sundering Eruption - can hit pesky utility lands (other than Avalanche Riders I don't have many ways to deal with lands)

Pinnacle Monk - I'll admit it isn't great in a creature heavy deck like Grenzo and the ETB will miss often but it's still a creature we can add to increase our count without hurting our land count. Running the other MDFCs that are instants/sorceries also go hand in hand with it.

Bloodsoaked Insight - maybe the worst of the new MDFCs but I think it's still worth trying. Adds a spell to help with the aforementioned Pinnacle Monk (though I don't know how often we'd actually get to cast it). Worst case it is a tapped dual land which is what I would replace it for anyways so I think it's worth the slot for now.

Siege Gang Lieutenant - nice if you have Goblin synergies and makes a steady stream of chumps on your turn if it sticks around. I'm not as bullish on this as some of the others but I will try it still.

Marionette Apprentice - another bleed effect though it doesn't gain life and can't scale up as much as Marionette Master (the card it is a homage to). Still might be worth trying especially if you have a lot of treasure synergies. I might swap Blood Artist out to try it though I will miss the lifegain.

Talon Gates of Madara - A land that can protect Grenzo? This card seems nuts to me and probably will be very sought after. There is some opportunity cost to a colorless land but it can still fix colors in a pinch and we are often sitting around with mana open waiting to use Grenzo on endstep anyways so if someone tries something to remove Grenzo we can have this as a response now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”