New Challenge Every Day - July 24th: Four-colored legends

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Rithaniel
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rithaniel » 9 months ago

Today's Challenge: Four-colored legends

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Raptorchan 59
Ink-Treader 60 (+4)
Rithaniel 53 (+5)
netn10 51
void_nothing 51 (+3)
haywire 14
Komandon 14
AnotherAlias 8
.::Note of the Day::.
Void missed this thread last night, so I'm stepping in to help out. (Also, I missed the part where the saga was meant to keep repeating)
.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Saga that transforms into another Saga so it keeps repeating
netn10 wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, Rithaniel

Tell Our Stories 1U
Enchantment - Saga (Rare)
I, II - Copy each ability of the amount of lore counters on Tell Our Stories of each Saga you control not named Tell Our Stories.
III - Exile Tell Our Stories, then return it to the battlefield transformed.
/// DFC ///
Plagiarism
(U) Enchantment - Saga (Rare)
You may have Plagiarism enters the battlefield as a copy of any Saga, except it has "When you sacrifice this Saga, exile it, then return it to the battlefield transformed.

IIW: Five color DFC
Raptorchan wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Way to the Throne 2wb
Enchantment — Saga (M)
(As this enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter.)
I — Create a 2/2 white Knight creature token.
II — Draw a card.
III — You become the monarch. Exile this Saga, then return it to the battlefield transformed under another player's control.
//
Way to the Fall
● Enchantment — Saga (M)
I — Sacrifice a creature.
II — Discard a card.
III — You lose 2 life. If you are the monarch, you stop being the monarch. Exile this Saga, then return it to the battlefield transformed under another player's control.

IIW: Fashion
Komandon wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: Rithaniel , Ink-Treader

Age of Unity 2WW
Enchantment - Saga
I - All players and their permanents gain hexproof and skip their combat step as long as Age of Unity is on the battlefield.
II - Each player creates two food tokens and two 0/1 white goat tokens.
III - Exile this Saga, then return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.

///DFC

Age of Violence 3RRr
Enchantment - Saga
I - Each player may put a +1/+1 on up to four creatures they control. All creature loses defender and vigilance, gains first strike and they must attack each combat if able while Age of Violence is on the battlefield.
II - Age of violence deals 7 damage to each creature and player.
III - Exile this Saga, then return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.

IIW: the arts and/ or artists (example poets and poetry or painting and painters)
Ink-Treader wrote:
9 months ago
Vote: Rithaniel, void_nothing

The Sunsoaked Fields
W Enchantment Land - Plains Saga (U)
I - The Sunsoaked Fields gain "T: You gain 2 life."
II - The Sunsoaked Fields gain "T: Create a Food."
IV - Exile The Sunsoaked Fields, the return it to the battlefield tapped and transformed.
//MDFC//
The Dry Season
Enchantment Land - Desert Saga (U)
I - Tourn gains "T: Add C and you lose 1 life."
II - Tourn gains "T: Untap another target Desert."
iV - Exile The Dry Season, then return it to the battlefield tapped and transformed.

IIW: Restoration
Rithaniel wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, void_nothing

Rise of Telaakon
Enchantment - Saga R
Two-Parter (As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Transform after III.)
I - Create a 1/1 black Human creature token with deathtouch.
II - Sacrifice any number of creatures. For each creature sacrificed this way, put an indestructible or +1/+1 counter on target Human.
III - Exile each creature with greater power than target Human creature you control.
//////////
Tyranny of Telaakon
(color indicator: black)
Enchantment - Saga R
Two-Parter (After your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after VI.)
IV - Sacrifice any number of non-Human permanents and then each opponent discards that many cards.
V - Sacrifice any number of non-Human permanents, and then draw that many cards.
VI - For each opponent, if that player controls more permanents than you, their life total becomes 5.

IIW: Combine two different kinds of hybrid mana
void_nothing wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, Rithaniel

Urzan Gains 3W
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Untap each creature you control.
II - Scry 3. Artifact spells you cast this turn cost 1 less to cast.
III - Create three 1/1 colorless Soldier artifact creature tokens and put a first strike counter on each of them. Exile Urzan Gains, then return it to the battlefield transformed at the end of your next turn.
///
Mishran Gains
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Mishran Gains deals damage to any nonplayer target equal to the number of creatures you control.
II - Exile up to one target artifact.
III - Create a tapped Powerstone token, except its name is Mishra's Warform and it's a 4/4 Construct artifact creature in addition to its other types. Exile Mishran Gains, then return it to the battlefield transformed at the end of your next turn.

IIW: Legendary card with a nickname that's explained in its flavor text
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan, Ink-Treader

Deita Manal, Illusion Wrangler RGWU
Legendary Creature - Human Tamer (M)
Protection from sorceries
At the beginning of your upkeep, create your choice of one of the following tokens -
• 3/2 red Salamander Illusion with menace and "R: This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn."
• 0/4 green Plant Illusion with ward 2 and "T: Add one mana of any color."
• 2/1 white Unicorn Illusion with first strike and lifelink
• 10/10 blue Kraken Illusion with trample, vigilance, and "This creature can't attack or block unless you pay 4U."
0/2

IIW: Legendary Creature - Vampire Noble

Thanks Rith! Typed up the thread and never clicked the submit button last night, heh. Anyway, I'll probably post tomorrow's thread later than midnight, but this round will still be abbreviated by a few hours. Apologies, all!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 9 months ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Sarine, Undercity Queen 2{g/w}{u/b}
Legendary Creature - Spider Noble (M)
Vigilance, reach
If you would amass, bolster, fateseal, scry, support or surveil X, you may choose any other option from this list instead. (The value of X remains the same. If you choose Amass, amass Zombies.)
4/4

IIW: Alara

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 9 months ago

Vote: Raptorchan, void_nothing

Tranis, the War Forger 1BRGW
Legendary Creature - Giant Warrior (M)
Menace, vigilance, haste
When Tranis enters the battlefield, for each opponent, you may search your hand, graveyard and/or library for a battle card and put it onto the battlefield under their protection if able. If you searched your library this way, shuffle.
Noncreature cards in your hand have battlecycling 3
6/6

IIW: a card with 'battle' or 'Siege' in its text
Last edited by Ink-Treader 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 9 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Lutri and Umori 3
Legendary Creature - Otter Ooze (Digital-Only Rare)
Companion - You have the exact same amount of each card type in your starting deck, excluding lands.
Flash
Spells you cast of each type you haven't cast this turn cost 3 less to cast.
Whenever you cast a spell, seek a nonland card of each type of card you've not cast this turn. You may seek it from your graveyard.
5/5

IIW: Companion

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 9 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan, Ink-Treader

Soul of Deviation
Legendary Creature - Avatar M
Whenever a player controls more than one creature with equal power and toughness, that player chooses one of those creatures and sacrifices the rest. (So if a player controlled three 1/3 creatures, they would sacrifice two.)
: Choose one—
  • Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn
  • Target creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
  • Switch target creature's power and toughness until end of turn.
3/10

IIW: tokens with power/toughness combinations that don't appear on any non-custom card.
Last edited by Rithaniel 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Facsimus

Post by Facsimus » 9 months ago

Votes: netn10, Komandon

Uulthuc, All that Dies
Legendary Creature - Elemental Horror (R)
Deathtouch
If you would reveal or exile one or more cards from your library, you may instead exile target player's graveyard face down in random order and reveal that many cards from among them.
During each player's upkeep, return all cards exiled with ~ to their owners' graveyards.
4/4

IIW: Support for 2 or more specific creature types

First time posting, let me know if I forgot anything. Thanks!

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 9 months ago

Votes: Ink-Treader , Raptorchan

Derrik Anet the Altruistic RGWU
Legendary Creature - Human Monk
Protection from non-planeswalker permanents with counters on them.
At the beginning of each combat step on other player's turns you may put a +1/+1 counter on up to two creatures. If both counters are put on creatures you don't control, draw a card otherwise the player whose turn it is gains 1 life for each counter you put on a creature you control this turn.
At the beginning of your end step if you attacked this turn, gain 2 life and create a 1/1 red Monk creature with prowess.
2/6

IIW: Enchantments or Artifacts that either by activated or triggered ability become a creature until end of turn.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”