void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

Today's Challenge: Imprint

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 4 (+4)
folding_music 4 (+4)
shullz 3 (+3)
EsperCormorant 3 (+3)
JovialJovian 3 (+3)
void_nothing 2 (+2)
Komandon 1 (+1)
xyz1Official 0 (+0)
.::Note of the Day::.

HexBolt0505 both didn't vote and didn't post an IIW yesterday, so no harm/no foul, but let's make sure to include both with all entries please.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.

A new creature type
shullz wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: EsperCormorant, JovialJovian

Continuing yesterday's theme.

IIW: Turn an existing cute card into a scary card or vice versa.
folding_music wrote:
1 month ago
votes: netn10, void_nothing

Assimilanine 1u
Creature - Awf Rogue
: Assimilanine becomes an Aura enchantment with Exalted and "enchant nonbasic land you don't control". Attach it to target permanent. Play this ability only if Assimilanine is a creature.
The controller of the permanent Assimilanine enchants plays with their hand revealed.
"These flattering, dog-headed pains in the neck now babble nonsensically, exactly mimicking my voice but for the message. Two days ago, they didn't speak at all." - Glendal, functionary
1/3

IIW: -cost artifacts
Arksight101 wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: folding_music, shullz
IIW: Universes Beyond Within (Basically, Universes Beyond that takes place in the MTG multiverse)
EsperCormorant wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: void_nothing, netn10

Lorehold Daredevil
Creature - Orc Archeologist (U)
Haste
Discard two cards: return Lorehold Daredevil and target artifact or enchantment card with mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
"It's going to take more than a little cave-in to keep me down. Anyway, look what I found while digging myself out!"
3/2

IIW: Convoke outside selesnya colors (not monogreen, monowhite, or green/white)
netn10 wrote:
1 month ago

I love every single card from yesterday :o you all nailed the flavor!

Fizz, The Tidal Trickster U
Legendary Creature - Yordle (Mythic)
Ward 1
Fizz can't be blocked long as each other creature you control is blocked.
Chum the Waters - 3U: Create Longtooth, a legendary 5/2 blue Shark creature token. It must be blocked this turn if able.
1/1

IIW: League of Legends
HexBolt0505 wrote:
1 month ago
Votes:

IIW:
xyz1Official wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: netn10, shullz
I was originally going to do a Piccolo card for yesterday's NCED but I didn't come up with any ideas until today lmao

IIW: Cards that have a type that's on less than 5 printed cards
JovialJovian wrote:
1 month ago
Parasitic Preta 1B
Creature - Preta (C)
When Parasitic Preta dies, each opponent loses X life and you gain X life, where X is the number of Pretas in your graveyard.
2/1

This would be part of a tribe, themed with effects that care about the number of Pretas in the graveyard.

vote: Komandon, folding_music (Kaio-Ken x10!)

IIW: a Worm, a Wurm, or a Wyrm
Komandon wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: netn10 , folding_music

Disgruntled Miner 1R
Creature - Dwarf Laborer (uncommon)
R, Sacrifice a land, T: Disgruntled Miner deals 1 damage to each other create and each player. If you sacrificed a Mountain, Cave, or Mine in this way, creature a tapped Treasure token.
2/1

IIW: A planeswalker of a friend or relative of another planeswalker that got the spark instead. (Example. Gurrak's father)
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: EsperCormorant, shullz

Raw-Salt Manananggal 2BB
Creature - Aswang Octopus (U)
Lifelink, haste
1, Sacrifice a Food or 3, Sacrifice a non-Food token: Destroy Raw-Salt Manananggal. Any player may activate this ability.
When Raw-Salt Manananggal dies, create two 1/1 blue Tentacle creature tokens and two Treasure tokens.
4/4

IIW: Past Gods or Demigods redone
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
1 month ago
folding_music jovialjovian
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Arksight101

Post by Arksight101 » 1 month ago

Votes: Net10, Folding_music
IIW: Universes Beyond: Among Us

folding_music
go to style guide jail
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 month ago

votes: JovialJovian, Komandon

IIW: merfolk technology

EsperCormorant
Pronoun: they / them

Post by EsperCormorant » 1 month ago

Votes: Komandon, JovialJovian

Vorinclex's Centrifuge
Artifact (MR)
Imprint - When Vorinclex's Centrifuge enters the battlefield, exile all creatures.
At the beginning of each upkeep, return the exiled creature with the greatest power among creatures exiled with Vorinclex's Centrifuge to the battlefield under its owner's control. If two or more cards are tied for greatest power, you choose one of them.
, Sacrifice Vorinclex's Centrifuge: you gain 1 life for each card exiled with it.

IIW: Make a new Class (can be based on earlier editions of D&D or fantasy RPG tropes in general)
Last edited by EsperCormorant 1 month ago, edited 3 times in total.
I picked this name before I knew Esper Cormorants was a card: believe it or not!

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 month ago

Votes: shullz, void_nothing

Personal Charm 1
Artifact (Rare)
Imprint — When Personal Charm enters the battlefield, you may exile three instant cards with mana value 1 from your hand and/or graveyard.
As long as exactly three cards are exiled with Personal Charm, it has "T, Sacrifice Personal Charm: You may copy a card exiled with Personal Charm. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. Choosing a card to cast this way is considered casting a model spell."

IIW: Charm

shullz

Post by shullz » 1 month ago

IIW: Splice onto {something}

xyz1Official
Pronoun: she / her

Post by xyz1Official » 1 month ago

Votes: shullz, JovialJovian

IIW: Eldrazi-fied versions of existing cards

Theplanesmaster

Post by Theplanesmaster » 1 month ago

Votes: Arksight101, EsperCormorant
IIW: Universes Beyond: Wings Of Fire

somedue1019

Post by somedue1019 » 1 month ago

Votes: JovialJovian, Arksight101

IIW: Makes a token of an already printed common card.

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 1 month ago

Votes: EsperCormorant , void_nothing

Adept Counterfeiter 2UU
Creature — Human Artificer Rogue (rare)
Imprint — 2, t Exile a noncreature artifact from a graveyard.
X: Create a token copy of imprinted card where X is its mans value with "When this permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
2/2

IIW: Bloomburrow

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 weeks ago

espercormorant komandon
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 weeks ago

Votes: folding_music, JovialJovian

Ixhel's Halo 2W
Enchantment (R)
Imprint - When Ixhel's Halo enters the battlefield, exile target permanent card from a graveyard.
You and Phyrexians you control have protection from the exiled card's mana value.
3{B/P}{G/P}, Sacrifice Ixhel's Halo: Put the exiled card onto the battlefield under your control.

IIW: Phyrexian (or related, like Germ or Mite) tribal
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”