void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 week ago

Today's Challenge: Riddle

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
EsperCormorant 52 (+4)
shullz 37 (+4)
void_nothing 33
netn10 33 (+1)
xyz1Official 28 (+2)
somedue1019 24 (+3)
folding_music 20
Arksight101 20 (+0)
JovialJovian 13
Komandon 11
KB52665 10
Peazful 6
AntGamerG0D 3
LandellXil0cent 2
V200 2 (+2)
Theplanesmaster 1
HexBolt0505 1
OneAndOnly 1
Darkfire1793 0
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.

Cards that create a named legendary token, e.g. The Book of Vile Darkness
Arksight101 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: shullz, V200

IIW: Boardwipes
EsperCormorant wrote:
2 weeks ago
votes: shullz, xyz1Official

Anemos, Anuller of Selves
Legendary Creature - Reflection Horror
The "legend rule" does not apply.
When Anemos enters the battlefield, exile all other creatures. For each creature exiled this way, its controller creates a Legendary 4/4 Reflection Horror token named Anemos, Anuller of Selves.
"I am what this realm is now, human. Kill me, and you'll only kill your home."
4/4

IIW: Keyword-matters (like Path of Mettle // Metzali, Tower of Triumph, Jubilant Skybonder, or Blight Pile)
shullz wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: somedue1019, xyzOfficial

IIW: Turn an existing cute card into a scary card or vice versa.
netn10 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: V200, EsperCormorant

Luu, Playful Bonder 1
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (Rare)
Flash
When Luu enters the battlefield, cast a copy of Lutri, the Spellchaser without paying its mana cost.
"Humans ban what they do not understand. Take my hand and come with me, we will enter the city together."
1/1

IIW: "I see what you did there"-type card
xyz1Official wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: somedue1019, EsperCormorant
Token
Show
Hide
IIW: Eldrazi-fied versions of existing cards
somedue1019 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: EsperCormorant, shullz (This card could only possibly be improved with a single comma, 'cus "Quoth, the Raven" would be a hilarious play on Magic naming conventions to me)

Last Stand at the End of the World
Legendary Battle
Whenever one or more defense counters are removed from this battle, create that many Legendary white Enchantment Aura tokens named "Rapture" attached to target creature an opponent controls with "Gain control of Enchanted Creature." and "When this Aura leaves the battlefield, exile the creature it was attached to."

IIW: Battles that aren't Sieges
KB52665 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: shullz, somedue1019

Herald of Legends rgwu
Creature — Human Bard (M)
Herald of Legends gets +1/+1 for each legendary permanent you control.
: Choose a legendary permanent card you own in exile. Return that card to your hand, then create a token that's a copy of it, except it's an enchantment in addition to its other card types and has vanishing 3.
2/2

IIW: "Dealer's Choice"
void_nothing wrote:
1 week ago
Votes: netn10, EsperCormorant

Tenth District Beat 3W
Legendary Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, target creature you control gains lifelink and mentor until end of turn.
R: Creatures with mentor you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.
3W: Create your choice of Agrus Kos, Ghost Wojek or Bell Borca, Ghost Wojek. They're legendary 3/3 red and white Spirit Soldier creature tokens. Kos has ward 2 and "Other creatures you control get +0/+1." Borca has first strike and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, investigate."

IIW: Green flyers
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

shullz

Post by shullz » 1 week ago

Votes: KB52665, somedue1019

Riddling Sphinx of Thebes
Enchantment Creature - Saga Sphinx (R)
I: 2/2
Ward

Four feet in the morning - Scry 4.
II: 3/3
Flying, ward

Two feet in the afternoon - Draw two cards.
III, IV, V: 4/4
Flying, ward

Three feet at night - If you have exactly three cards in your hand, exile this Saga, then cast it transformed.

/////

A Life Well-Lived
() Sorcery (R)
You may return a permanent card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Then you gain an amount of life equal to the number of permanents you control. Then if your life total is greater than your starting life total, you gain an amount of equal to the difference. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.

IIW: Combination of card types or (noncreature-)subtypes, that doesn't exist yet
Last edited by shullz 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.

EsperCormorant
Pronoun: they / them

Post by EsperCormorant » 1 week ago

Votes: void_nothing, shullz

Anyone feel like Eldraine should've had more Rumpelstiltskin references?

Rankle Spins the Straw
Enchantment - Saga (U)
I: Create two treasure tokens.
II: Create a Royal Role token attached to target creature you control. Scry 2.
III: Each player may reveal a creature card from their hand that shares a name with a creature on the battlefield. Each player who does draws a card. Each player who doesn't sacrifices a creature.

IIW: Party time!!!
Last edited by EsperCormorant 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
I picked this name before I knew Esper Cormorants was a card: believe it or not!

xyz1Official
Pronoun: she / her

Post by xyz1Official » 1 week ago

Votes: EsperCormorant, Arksight101

IIW: Strictly better Savannah Lions

V200
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by V200 » 1 week ago

Votes: EsperCormorant, KB52665
IIW: Snow cards

somedue1019

Post by somedue1019 » 1 week ago

votes: Arksight101, KB52665 (Could give the token haste, then exile next end step? Neat idea either way!)

IIW:Solve today's Wordle, make that a keyword.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 week ago

Votes: EsperCormorant, KB52665

Simplicity is Key WW
Enchantment (Rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a Riddle. (It's an enchantment with "Whenever this permanent becomes tapped, sacrifice it and draw a card.")
"The greatest wisdom comes from solving the classics."
- Hanna, Weaver of Scrolls

IIW: A mechanic for Morningtide that could have replaced prowl but for another creature type

Arksight101

Post by Arksight101 » 1 week ago

Votes: KB52665, shullz
(what is greater than a deity, More evil than the devil, The poor have it, The rich don't need it, And if you eat it, you'll die? The answer to this riddle is nothing, also called what I could make for the challenge today. Sorry.)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 week ago

Votes: EsperCormorant, shullz

Sphinx of Glass and Thunder 2WUUU
Artifact Creature - Sphinx (R)
Flying, vigilance
T: Exile the top X cards of your library, where X is twice the number of cards you've drawn this turn. You may cast an artifact card exiled this way without paying its mana cost. If you don't cast a spell this way, put X +1/+1 counters on Sphinx of Glass and Thunder and you gain X life. Activate only as a sorcery.
"What strikes as it will, blindsiding all, but its blows cause only bliss?"
3/6

IIW: Effects that change the way non-evergreen mechanics function
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”