[ELD] The Royal Scions

Morganelefay
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Morganelefay » 4 years ago

Coming from Riot Pixels, we have confirmation that our final PW is indeed a Will & Rowan card.

http://riotpixels.com/magicheskij-vestn ... lyuzivami/

The Royal Scions
1UR
Legendary Planeswalker - Will Rowan

[+1]: Draw a card, then discard a card.

[+1]: Target creature gets +2/+0 and gains first strike and trample until end of turn.

[-8]: Draw four cards. When you do, The Royal Scions deals damage to any target equal to the number of cards in your hand.
EDH Decks:

Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis - Arise, Lord Hogaak.
Grumgully, the Generous - The wonderful world of Ferngully.
Prime Speaker Zegana - Draw Cards Tribal.
Pir, Imaginative Rascal & Toothy, Imaginary Friend - Imaginary Superfriends.
Selvala, Explorer Returned - Taxes, Denial and Fatties.
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - Dinos and Eldrazis, oh my.
Ayara, First of Locthwain - March of the Black Queen.
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh - Chandra Tribal.
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim - Curious Contraptions

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

http://riotpixels.com/magicheskij-vestn ... lyuzivami/

http://riotpixels.net/wp/wp-content/upl ... ons_RU.png
image.png
1UR
Legendary Planeswalker - Will Rowan
[+1]: Draw a card, then discard a card.

[+1}: Target creature gets +2/+0 and gains first strike and trample until end of turn.

[-8]: Draw four cards. When you do, The Royal Scions deals damage to any target equal to the number of cards in your hand.

That's a terrible ultimate

(Oh this was leaked earlier so it wasn't confirmed till maro said the name of the card and right now)

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

The card looks fine, lack luster abilities but is cheap to play and has only plus abilities. Could see the ultimate helping winning game by dealing a good chunk of damage. Gonna run them in Will and Rowan commander for flavor and the deck really can support them.

I also hope this is Will and Rowan "thing" for cards so that we don't need to have two walker slots open for them. Not saying I don't wanna see them in separate card just like them and think this would be a bit easier to fit for walker slots.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

RtKART
Illustrator

Post by RtKART » 4 years ago

I like it, for 3 it has very solid plus and minus and is fairly hard to remove. Most of the time it is almost just an enchantment that loots and sometimes eats some damage/removal.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I'm pretty excite for this, really good 3 mana walker

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Although I'm not particularly excited about them for my Will & Rowan Kenrith commander deck (although I still think I can find room for it), I was watching a Modern stream with Dreadhorde Arcanist and Chandra, Acolyte of Flame, and I can see that The Royal Scions is potentially a great addition to a build around Dreadhorde Arcanist especially. Being able to get it's power up to 3, means that you can cast any 3 cmc or less instant or sorcery.
It's 3 mana walker and has a ton of loyalty. In duels the ultimate is still an effective way to probably win games. Then the filter effect can still be used for card advantage if you use Dreadhorde Arcanist on the cards you discard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”