The DCC - December 26th, 2022

Locked Previous topicNext topic
bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 1 year ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

A 4-way tie today.

netn10's probation: 13 days remaining

DCC Scoreboard

Ink-Treader 85 (+1)
Surging Chaos 82 (+4)
netn10 * 75 (+1)
wizyard 74 (+4)
Rithaniel 57 (+4)

void_nothing 49 (+1)
Venedrex 472
RattingRots 40 (+4)
bravelion83 37 (+1)
OneAndOnly 27 (+2)
folding_music 13
marioguy3 10
emily 2
kwanyeegor-ii 1
bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Venedrex, Surging Chaos

Volley of Arrows 3GU
Sorcery (R)
Rewind 2WW (You may cast this spell for its rewind cost. If you do, perform the listed actions in reverse order while resolving this spell. This is not a modal spell.)
• Destroy all creatures with flying.
• Choose any number of target players. Put a flying counter on each creature those players control.
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Surging Chaos, Rithaniel

Con
Sorcery (R)
Exile the top two cards of target opponent's library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play those cards, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast them.

//// Split Card (Rakdos Watermark)

Conflagration
Sorcery (R)
Conflagration deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of targets. If a permanent dealt damage this way would die this turn, exile it instead.
marioguy3 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Venedrix, wizyard

Land of the Decoration
Plane (Rare)
At the beginning of each upkeep, reveal the top X plus two cards of your library, where X is the number of opponents you have. For each player, that player may put a permanent from among them onto the battlefield or cast one card from among them without paying its mana cost. Shuffle the rest into your library.
: Create an X/X Elemental creature token into play, where X is the number of permanents on the battlefield. It is all colors.
wizyard wrote:
1 year ago
netn10, RattingRots

The Magician 1U
Instant - Tarot (U)
(Before the game begins, you may build a separate Tarot deck of 10 or more Tarot cards all with different names, replacing your sideboard. If you would draw from your Library, you may draw from your Tarot deck instead.)
Instant and sorcery spells cost 1 less for you to cast this turn.
Tarot spells cost 1 less for you to cast this turn.
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Rithaniel, bravelion83

Aminatou, the Fortune-Weaver 5
Legendary Planeswalker - Aminatou (Mythic)
+1: Draw a card, then draw a card from your Tarot deck.
-3: If you cast ten different Tarot cards in this game, you win the game.
-5: Add WUBRG.
{3}
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: wizyard, RattingRots
Kijorgin, Shielded By the Sun - 3WW
Legendary Creature - Human Knight
First strike, protection from black
WW: Change Kijorgin's rules text by replacing each color word with another color word of your choice until end of turn. Activate this ability only once per turn.
4/4
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Vote: OneAndOnly, Rithaniel

Rotgraven Thallid 1BG
Creature - Fungus (R)
Deathtouch
Ward - Exile three cards from your graveyard
1, Exile three cards from your graveyard: Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
2/3
Surging Chaos wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, void_nothing

Glutarcha the Gluttonous 1GW
Legendary Creature - Human Noble (R)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, create a Food token.
Sacrifice three Food tokens: Choose one --
- Mill two cards, then return a permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.
- Target permanent gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.
- Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
- Proliferate.
2/2
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: RattingRots, Ink-Treader

Village Kiln W
Artifact (R)
Clue, Food, and Treasure spells you cast cost 2 less to cast.
T, Sacrifice Village Kiln: All artifacts you control phase out.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
1 year ago
wizyard surging chaos
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 4 (finals). Extended judging deadline on July 3rd.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 1 year ago

Votes: Ink-Treader, Surging Chaos

Holy Cleansing 3W
Instant (U)
Rewind 3BB (You may cast this spell for its rewind cost. If you do, perform the listed actions in reverse order while resolving this spell. This is not a modal spell.)
• Exile a creature you control that didn't enter the battlefield this turn. You gain life equal to its power.
• Return the exiled card to the battlefield.
• Exile a creature card from your graveyard. You gain life equal to its power.

EDIT @Venedrex
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Note: 472 votes: "OK folks lets just end the month right here thank you everyone it's been a pleasure!" *whisper in ear* "I don't actually have 472 votes?" Oh, um, never mind, carry on everyone."
Sorry and thanks for making me notice. It was supposed to be a "47 (+2)". I'll leave it here as is for people to see what you are referring to here and to have a good laugh as I just did! Thank you! I need more of those...
Last edited by bravelion83 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 4 (finals). Extended judging deadline on July 3rd.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 1 year ago

netn10, Ink-Treader

Psionic Slug 2BB
Creature - Slug (R)
Deathtouch
Each other player's maximum hand size is equal to the number of cards in your hand.
2/4

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 1 year ago

Votes: Venedrex, Ink-Treader

Plane of Desperation
Plane (Rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a land. If you sacrificed a basic land, create a 1/1 red Elemental creature token with "When this creature dies, destroy target land.
: Destroy all lands your opponents control. Create a 1/1 Red Elemental Token with haste.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: bravelion83, wizyard

Bug X000 1
Artifact Creature - Insect (Rare)
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a time counter on Bug X000. Then, if there's three time counters on it, destroy all artifacts.
Counting down at the end of a decade at Hollowdale is a necessity, not a celebration.
1/1

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Vote: OneAndOnly, Surging Chaos

Blade Dance RW
Instant (U)
Choose one or both—
-Prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to you or to target creature or planeswalker you control this turn, where X is twice the number of Equipment you control.
-Target creature you control gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of Equipment you control.
Last edited by Ink-Treader 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Votes: Ink-Treader, Surging Chaos

Note: 472 votes: "OK folks lets just end the month right here thank you everyone it's been a pleasure!" *whisper in ear* "I don't actually have 472 votes?" Oh, um, never mind, carry on everyone."

Recess
Instant — (R)
Exile any number of target creatures you control. Return those cards to the battlefield under their owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

//// Split card (Azorius Watermark)

Reckoning
Sorcery (R)
Creatures lose all abilities until end of turn.
Destroy all creatures.

Surging Chaos

Post by Surging Chaos » 1 year ago

Votes: Venedrex, bravelion83

HM: void_nothing (Maybe I'm missing something here. What exactly counts as a Clue/Treasure/Food "spell"? Something that creates one of those tokens as part of the spell's effect? I feel like some reminder text would have helped out a lot here and it probably would have gotten my vote.)

Insatiable Frenzy R
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant creature you control
Enchanted creature gets +2/+0 and has bloodlust. (A creature with bloodlust attacks each combat if able.)
3RR: Return Insatiable Frenzy from your battlefield attached to target creature you control. This ability costs 3 less to activate if it targets a creature with haste.
Despite the battlefield being as open as can be, the Keldon warriors developed an interesting case of tunnel vision.
September 2022 DCC Winner

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

@Surging Chaos -- There are a few cards that are Food (Gingerbrute comes to mind) independently of creating tokens. It's a narrow set of cards, but viable.

Votes: Venedrex, netn10
Push Through -- 1R
Enchantment
Excess damage sources you control would deal to creatures or planeswalkers is dealt to that creature or planeswalker's controller.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

Votes: wizyard, netn10

I hope everybody had a merry Chrimsblum.

Echoweaver General
Creature - Spirit Soldier R
Whenever Echoweaver General attacks, prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to up to three target attacking creatures you control.
, Sacrifice another creature: Create a token that's a copy of Echoweaver General. It gains haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step. Activate only as a sorcery.
In life, he was a leader. In death, he is an army.
2/2
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 1 year ago

Votes - Venedrex, Wizyard

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, Surging Chaos

Heretical Manaweaver G
Creature - Elf Druid Artificer (R)
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Heretical Manaweaver by artifacts.
1: Add one mana of any color. Spend only mana from an artifact source to activate this ability.
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target equipped creature.
1/1
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

oneandonly ink-treader

Frozen Mummy W
Snow Creature - Zombie (Common)
Defender
2S, Sacrifice Frozen Mummy: Target creature gains defender. (This effect doesn't end.)
2/2
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 1 year ago

Ink-Treader, Surging Chaos
bravelion83
Show
Hide
Thanks for giving us a 4 mana Plague Wind
Necrogecko 2BG
Creature - Zombie Lizard (U)
~ enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters, a lifelink, a deathtouch and a trample counter on it.
1: Move a counter from ~ onto target noncreature permanent.
0/0
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”