Universal Promos feel different to the touch

Atraxian
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Atraxian » 5 years ago

As the title says, all the promo stamped cards from the universal promo packs I came across feel different to the touch than other cards.

I bought some promo angels from the universal promo packs (italian language) and when I held them in hand I noticed the surface felt rough to the touch if compared to regular cards (smoother surface).
Has anyone else noticed it?

I'm pretty sure those are not fakes since (as far as I can see) they all pass the light test and they also come from different vendors.

Another thing I noticed is that the promo stamp (silver planeswalker symbol) is sometimes very sloppily painted on regular cards, but seem to be pitch perfect on foils.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Lights_A5
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Lights_A5 » 5 years ago

Different cards come from different printers and so they can be very different from each other. This has long been a 'problem' with the card quality from WotC and I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed.

I myself haven't had the chance to touch these cards, but from what you've described this is somewhat typical.

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 5 years ago

Lights_A5 wrote:
5 years ago
Different cards come from different printers and so they can be very different from each other. This has long been a 'problem' with the card quality from WotC and I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed.

I myself haven't had the chance to touch these cards, but from what you've described this is somewhat typical.

I feel that the consistency between print qualities has been an issue for at least a year now. I bought the UW approach challenger deck last year around when they were released and the card backs were really glossy, which didn't happen with other printings from around that time.

I haven't seen any of the promo packs from core 2020 so I'm not sure what they're like

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”