Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Reckless Stromseeker 2R
Creature - Human Warrior Werewolf (R)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, target creature you control gets +1/+0 and gains haste until end of turn.
Daybound (If a player casts no spells during their own turn, it becomes night next turn.)
3/4>
2/3
--
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Zoroab.jpg
IIW: newish movies
I've done this trick a couple of times, re: getting other card games into Magic, though usually I pretend a little bit more to make it a Magic card. Keeping this in the original frame is nice. Oh, if only Wizards had held on to the Pokemon TCG! Imagine the Universes Beyond we could get? Good flavor, etc.
edit: I had to come back here to comment on something else. You use images, which don't show up in the post preview, so I have to scroll down to look at your Hero jpg, and I just saw the "The other side lies" reminder text on the Zoroark. That's great. Just wanted to shout that out.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Regular Human
1{W}
Creature - Giant Dwarf (C)
2/2
"Hello, fellow human! Let us build houses, out in the open!"

False Manticore
3{B}{B}
Creature - Lion Bat Scorpion (U)
Flying, deathtouch
3/2

Bicol Nolas
4{U}{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying
When Bicol Nolas enters the battlefield, if it was cast, discard your hand, then draw seven cards.
7/7
"Who is this 'Bolas' you speak of?"

Nicol-Ascage
3{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying, trample
When Nicol-Ascage attacks, choose one you haven't chosen last turn-
-Create two 1/1 green Insect creature tokens with flying and deathtouch named Bee.
-Gain control of target Construct, Scarecrow, or Vehicle.
-Create two Treasure tokens.
6/6
Such is The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.

IIW: Put a petal counter
I'm waiting for Bolas to show up with a fake mustache soon. Seems like the story will go there eventually. "Only I can save the multiverse!" and then, whoops, betrayed by the elder dragon again! The coloration on Mr. Cage intrigues me. I'm not sure I understand, though I like the film references in the actual ability.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
[Ginnizar,] True Innocent 1WW
[Legendary] Creature- Human (U)
Cleave W (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Lifelink, Vigilance
[Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Ginnizar, True Innocent.
When Ginnizar, True Innocent deals combat damage to a player, choose a number between 0 and 2. You and that that player each draw that many cards.]
1/1

[Alna,] Spiketail Handler 2UU
[Legendary] Creature- Human Wizard (U)
Cleave 2U (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
When this creature enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 blue Drake creature token with flying and "Sacrifice this creature: Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1."
[Sacrifice Alna, Spiketail Handler: Counter target spell unless its controller pays 4.]
1/2

[Gruuka,] Spouting Giant 1GGGG
[Legendary] Creature- Plant Giant (U)
Cleave 3G (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Trample
[When Gruuka, Sprouting Giant attacks, double her power and toughness until end of turn.
Gruuka, Sprouting Giant has hexproof as long as it is untapped.]
4/4

[Tyrzaram,] Hell Ghoul BB
[Legendary] Creature- Zombie (U)
Cleave 3BB (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Menace, deathtouch
[When Tyrzaram, Hell Ghoul enters the battlefield, sacrifice another creature, discard a card, and lose 1 life. If you can't, return Tyrzaram to its owner's hand.]
4/4

[Zirn,] Reckless Pirate [King] 2RR
[Legendary] Creature- Human Pirate (U)
Cleave 2R (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Trample, Haste
[When Zirn, Reckless Reckless King deals combat damage to a player, create a colorless artifact Treasure token and a 1/1 red Pirate creature token.]
2/2

IIW: Roll 3D6 and design a corresponding card:
3D6
Show
Hide
1st roll is for color:
1= White. 2= Blue. 3= Black. 4=Red. 5=Green. 6= Colorless.

2nd roll is for card type:
1= Creature. 2= Enchantment. 3= Artifact. 4= Instant. 5= Sorcery. 6= Planeswalker or Battle.

3rd roll is for mana value. Just use the number you roll.
Hey at least you're using a mechanic that says what it does on the card, reminder punch out or not. I wonder if a Prototype-style frame might be better for what you are trying to do here since you aren't removing words in the middle of sentences like Cleave allows you to do. I like that you downgrade from legendary to not. That's a good touch, and having the base be legendary adds more value for Commander play (though, sadly, you can't dodge the Tax this way).
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Hero.jpg

The Hero's Trial
Battle
When The Hero's Trial is defeated, flip it.
--
˙ɹǝʍoԀ ɟo ʇɔǝɾqO ǝɥ⊥ ɯɹoɟsuɐɹ⊥ ˙ʇsoɔ ɐuɐɯ sʇı ƃuıʎɐd ʇnoɥʇıʍ puɐɥ ɹnoʎ ɯoɹɟ llǝds ɐ ʇsɐɔ ʎɐɯ no⅄ :⊥
ʇɔɐɟıʇɹ∀ ʎɹɐpuǝƃǝ˥
ɹǝʍoԀ ɟo ʇɔǝɾqO ǝɥ⊥
and now we're back here. You crammed... a lot into this card, and I think you missed some text—when the Saga transforms into the battle it won't have any defense counters on it. This is still *functional* in that the battle will be instantly defeated, but I don't know if that was your intent. Anyway, get back to me when you design a ring theory card.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Thran Glowstone 2
Artifact (U)
G, : Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. At the beginning of the next upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on it.
2G, , Sacrifice Thran Glowstone: Creatures you control get +3/+3 until end of turn. At the beginning of the next upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on each of them.

This Dominaria: Flashpoint flashback set looks at new archaeological discoveries of the ancient Thran world. Select cards can come in a Thran Foil™ finish, making them glow in the dark and glow in the day due to genuine cherenkov radiation from a layer of enriched uranium salt mixed into the foil layer! Each collector booster pack is lead-lined and guaranteed to contain one Thran Foil.

IIW: biohazards
Taking "don't eat the delicious cards" to new heights, card-flickers everywhere will find the cards of Dominaria: Flashpoint especially tumorous when they get their hands on them. Don't leave home without your Yucca Games Cardcrete™ Card Repository!
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Turbo Blitz 3R
Emblem
Spells cost 2 less to cast.
Activated abilities cost 2 less to activate.

IIW: Cards designed based on where you are in the world. ( if you don't feel comfortable sharing then Magic: Wild Wild West)
tempted to give you the win so I can make basketball cards, but I have to look at the actual card first. I might make basketball cards anyway.
Actually I don't even live there anymore :cry: LOL
Having an Emblem (a famously Uninteractable card type) that you can just... put in your deck and cast seems risky to print. Not that you don't know this: It's symmetrical and expensive for a reason. Mana Flare but abusable with different cards. Honestly, avoiding the feelbad of casting Flare, passing the turn, and getting both blown out and having Flare die might be worth making this card. Or just put Hexproof on it.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Konrad's Lantern 1B
Legendary Artifact - Equipment {R}
Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and has "Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, that player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life."
Equip 2

IIW: more horrifying but hilarious implications
Couldn't be bothered to match the abilities up with the card? Syr Konrad, the Grim? I know you had that open in Scryfall dot com. It doesn't even mill them when it connects with the opponent. Smh.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Rush Time 3UU
Instant (R)
Remove all time counters. Add lore counters to each saga until it reaches its final chapter. When all spells and abilities have resolved, end the turn.
Undercosted.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Like the 6ers are gonna bury the damn Celts this series
FTC
1 year ago
Honeydew Collecting 2{G}
Sorcery (C)
Choose one-
-For every two creatures you control that are each a Insect and Plant, create a Food token.
-You gain 1 life for each creature token you control.
The sweet excrement of sap-feeding lerps and scale insects provides tasty sustenance for many.
Alternate flavor text:
"Don't think about what it is, just enjoy the sweetness." -Nissa, to Chandra

Sporeherd 2{G}
Creature - Fungus (U)
Whenever Sporeherd deals or is dealt damage, create a green Fungus tribal token.
Sporeherd gets +1/+1 for each other Fungus you control.
2/3

Time Dilation 3{U}{U}
Enchantment (R)
Each player can cast instants and activate abilities only any time they could cast a sorcery.
Each player can cast sorceries as though they had flash.
"Um, oops?" -Teferi

IIW: Put a petal counter
I already got one stupid star wars joke in today so I'll let "Sporeherder" go on by. Making a Tribal token is, like our Emblem Guy above, cute. I'm not sure about the first one. You need Changelings or are we seeing some new creatures coming through? Or... Something else. I kind of like Time Dilation. Just as oppressive as every other Teferi that does this, but with even more potential for abuse. At least Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir died to removal. This is symmetrical. That sentence is just acknowledging that I read the card. That sentence is just acknowledging that, like a cat being groomed, my "judging timer" is almost up and I need to get through these so I can move on to the next thing I have to do today.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Eater of Truth 1B
Creature - Horror (R)
If a conditional effect is checked on resolution, and it's "if" statement is true, put a +1/+1 counter on Eater of Truth, and that statement becomes false. This replacement occurs only once each turn.
2/2
No!

This was a fun challenge with good entries. I enjoyed all of this. @avatarz is a fool.

Winner: Juancu (for the Zoroark—hitting this exact thing was a sweet spot for me)
Next: newish movies
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

also how bout them knickerbockers
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Eater of Truth BB
Creature - Horror (R)
If a conditional effect is checked on resolution, and it's "if" statement is true, put a +1/+1 counter on Eater of Truth, and that statement becomes false. This replacement occurs only once each turn.
2/2

Kena, Tantalizing Companion 1U
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (R)
When Kena enters the battlefield, reveal a card you own from outside the game, and keep it aside. As long as you control Kena, treat that card as if it was the third card from your library. (It can't change position. Only get to it by milling 3 or more cards, drawing 3 or more cards, or finding it while searching your library.)
2/1
if you edit a post it doesn't show up in the multiquote thing before you publish, TIL.
KENA: also No
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
I'm not sure about the first one.
The intent was that it produces a Food token for each pairing of Insect and Plant. Like if you had four Insects and two Plants, you'd get two Foods. Only Insects and no Plants? No Foods.

Unfortunately, "pair" already is a term with rules meaning in Magic (in reference to soulbond), so I had to figure out something else. Unsuccessfully, it would seem.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Fwiw I got it - the flavor helped - but boy is that mode narrow. Unless you happen to be playing a bunch of nepenthes-themed cards all of which make like 345352354 1/1 Insect and 0/2 Plant tokens?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Fwiw I got it - the flavor helped - but boy is that mode narrow. Unless you happen to be playing a bunch of nepenthes-themed cards all of which make like 345352354 1/1 Insect and 0/1 Plant tokens?
fearme bravo haha

Megiddo
MEG

That was my next guess (the "or... something else") but it was ambiguous enough and you had three cards so I moved on.
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

the flavor is very good though. Aphid farming kinda thing.
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

I think it is neat that some ants practice farming
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Jean Jacket
[Efyram, False Emrakul]
{6}
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Jellyfish (M)
Flying, protection from Clerics, Rogues, Warriors, and/or Wizards
As long as it's your turn, all artifacts lose all abilities and can't become creatures.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Jean Jacket this turn dies, exile that creature and put a +1/+1 counter on Jean Jacket.
5/5

The Everything Bagel
{7}
Legendary Artifact (M)
The Everything Bagel enters the battlefield tapped with a stun counter on it.
The "legend rule" doesn't apply to permanents not named The Everything Bagel.
7, T, Exile The Everything Bagel: Exile all permanents.
"DON'T EAT IT!" -Teferi of Zhalfir, to Teferi of Zaire

IIW: Put (a) petal counter(s)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

1 year ago
I'm uncomfortable with the alternate universe where Teferi is some Congolese guy

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
I'm uncomfortable with the alternate universe where Teferi is some Congolese guy
I had always assumed Zhalfir was derived from Zaire, but now I can't find the source of that.
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

I mean, Jamuraan place names are kind of "sorta sounds West African" - Suq'Ata has "souk" in it, but that's about it

Megiddo
MEG

can i interest you in a Cameroonian man instead?
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

T H E P R O C E S S

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

I... do not understand.

But something tells me I'm not supposed to.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Megiddo
MEG

Hustle W
Instant {U}
Choose one —
• Change the target of target spell or ability with a single target. The new target must be a creature you control.
• Untap target creature you control. It can block an additional creature this turn.
"Let's get to work."

IIW: the depths of true despair
Last edited by Megiddo 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Movies in the '20's WU
Enchantment
Sagas you control gain two additional chapters. The first additional chapter is the same as the saga's first chapter, and the second additional chapter is the same as the saga's second chapter.
Sagacycling 1UW
Three hours for a superhero movie. Great.

IIW: Jank mythics

Sporegorger_Dragon

Territorial Azhdarchid
4{U}{U}
Creature - Pterosaur (C)
Flying
When Territorial Azhdarchid enters the battlefield, target Vehicle's owner puts it on the top or bottom of their library.
4/4

Cunning Raptor
2{R}
Creature - Dinosaur (U)
When Cunning Raptor crews a Vehicle, that Vehicle gets +3/+0 and gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice that Vehicle at the end of combat.
3/2
"Clever girl..." -Muldoon, last words

IIW: Put (a) petal counter(s)

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Will judge tomorrow morning.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

This one's just straight up new instead of newish but whatever.

The High Evolutionary 2UG
Legendary Creature - Wizard (M)
Other creatures you control have evolve.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice each creature you control with power greater than The High Evolutionary. For each creature sacrificed this way, draw cards equal to its power, then discard three cards.
3/4

IIW: "big trees" and/or "causality"

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

1 year ago
Jean Jacket
[Efyram, False Emrakul]
{6}
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Jellyfish (M)
Flying, protection from Clerics, Rogues, Warriors, and/or Wizards
As long as it's your turn, all artifacts lose all abilities and can't become creatures.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Jean Jacket this turn dies, exile that creature and put a +1/+1 counter on Jean Jacket.
5/5

The Everything Bagel
{7}
Legendary Artifact (M)
The Everything Bagel enters the battlefield tapped with a stun counter on it.
The "legend rule" doesn't apply to permanents not named The Everything Bagel.
7, T, Exile The Everything Bagel: Exile all permanents.
I'm not excited to play with these cards on a mechanical level :(
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Hustle W
Instant {U}
Choose one —
• Change the target of target spell or ability with a single target. The new target must be a creature you control.
• Untap target creature you control. It can block an additional creature this turn.
"Let's get to work."
Excellent, two narrow but powerful effects make for a cool card. I may be a bit worried the first effect hoses auras, which are nice and deserve our protection.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Movies in the '20's WU
Enchantment
Sagas you control gain two additional chapters. The first additional chapter is the same as the saga's first chapter, and the second additional chapter is the same as the saga's second chapter.
Sagacycling 1UW
Three hours for a superhero movie. Great.
Nice effect, but the asymmetry bothers me. It should be I, II, III, II, I, or I, II, III, IV, III, II, I. I don't know how to word that, unless we are messing with the lore counter movement and memory issues abound.
1 year ago
Territorial Azhdarchid
4{U}{U}
Creature - Pterosaur (C)
Flying
When Territorial Azhdarchid enters the battlefield, target Vehicle's owner puts it on the top or bottom of their library.
4/4

Cunning Raptor
2{R}
Creature - Dinosaur (U)
When Cunning Raptor crews a Vehicle, that Vehicle gets +3/+0 and gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice that Vehicle at the end of combat.
3/2
"Clever girl..." -Muldoon, last words
Here's another card that's hosing a type that I usually want to play, but end up cutting in my draft decks.
I love the raptor, buuut... it makes me think it's crashing the vehicle, and that could be any reckless pilot. I want to make me feel like my vehicle carries a raptor and it jumps out at you.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
The High Evolutionary 2UG
Legendary Creature - Wizard (M)
Other creatures you control have evolve.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice each creature you control with power greater than The High Evolutionary. For each creature sacrificed this way, draw cards equal to its power, then discard three cards.
3/4
I'm a big fan of Draw X but then discard N. Turns up the scaling power power. I dig the pettyness he shows. I could see this in a Universes Beyond.

Winner: NinjaCaterpie.
Next: "big trees" and/or "causality"

Megiddo
MEG

Segovian Redwood 2
Artifact — Equipment {C}
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has "G, T, Sacrifice Segovian Redwood: Search your library for a Forest card, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle."
Equip 2

IIW: do we have a reverse segovia plane yet? do something from there
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Treefall 2G
Sorcery (U)
Sacrifice a forest or a treefolk. Treefall deals damage equal to the amount of forest you control plus 1.
Causality 1
If a Treefolk has died this turn, draw a card.

IIW: Amonket is back
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
IIW: do we have a reverse segovia plane yet? do something from there
Segovian Angel flavor text suggests we do: Gigantikar (not a terribly creative name)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”