New Challenge Every Day - November 18th: instead a new alternative win condition

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Today's Challenge: instead a new alternative win condition

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 53 (+3)
shullz 44 (+2)
Komandon 30 (+3)
FrostBoss216 25 (+2)
void_nothing 20 (+1)
TessaMTG 15 (+0)
LandellXil0cent 13 (+1)
CunningGabe 4
AnotherAlias 2
Rithaniel 0
KarrotVr 0 (+0)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
New meld of two existing cards - Choose two cards, add a meld ability and create a meld card combining these two cards
shullz wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: Komandon, netn10
Comments
Show
Hide
Since all of the cards had really original ideas yesterday, I feel like giving some extended commentary today.
@TessaMTG - Planeswalker ultimates are a good way to give powerful alternative win conditions, but if I understand it correctly, the effect here is pretty weak, because it only prevents "You win the game" effects, which is really niche.
@LandellXil0cent - Nice remix of aetherflux reservoir. I think this could have been cheaper, because energy is usually harder to accumulate than life.
@FrostBoss216 - This card was an instant favorite at first glance. Love the concept. But after thinking about it, I didn't see it doing anything other than preventing "You win the game" effects. Would it prevent your life points from hitting 0 or prevent you from having to draw from an empty library? I also think it would have made more sense to put the losing player into protective custody instead of the winning player.
@KarrotVr - Wanted to give you my vote for making me laugh, but in the end some other entries won me over.
@netn10 - A really cool concept. But I don't think a card can be colored and colorless at the same time.
@Komandon - Looks a bit like an Un-card remix of Shahrazad. Fun card.
@void_nothing - Interesting concept. The win effect is probably not that relevant if you don't excessively flicker that card.

Melds with Mirari

IIW: A command spell (example: Titania's Command) for a planeswalker.
TessaMTG wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: netn10, FrostBoss216

Melds with Katsumasa, the Animator

IIW: An "ultimate" Gatewatch member, with abilities that match exactly what they would do when fighting at their most powerful.
void_nothing wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz, netn10
LandellXil0cent wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: Komandon, void_nothing

Gonti's AEther Heart
Legendary Artifact (R)
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield you get .
Whenever a non-token creature you control becomes tapped, you may pay , if you do, you get .
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay . If you both own and control Gonti's AEther Heart and AEtherflux Reservoir, exile them then meld them into AEther Heartbeat
////////
AEther Heartbeat
Legendary Artifact
Whenever you gain life or energy, you gain twice that much instead.
: Create a 4/4 AEther Beast creature token with ", Sacrifice this creature: Gain , and 1 life."
, exile three AEther Beast creatures you control: Take an extra turn after this one.

IIW: Card named "Monarch of the Seas"
netn10 wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: LandellXil0cent, Komandon

Kitsune Ace 1W
Creature - Fox Pilot (Common)
Whenever a Vehicle you control attacks, choose one —
• That Vehicle gains first strike until end of turn.
• Untap Kitsune Ace.
• If that Vehicle is Dragonfly Suit, and you both own and control it and Kitsune Ace, exile them, then meld them into Kitsune Dragonfly. It enters tapped and attacking.
2/2
/////////////
Kitsune Dragonfly
(W) Artifact Creature - Fox Pilot (Common)
Flying
Artifact creatures you control have first strike and vigilance.
"Now I understand her way better. She wants to fly away, with me, as one."
3/2

IIW: Mono green or mono black Pilot
Komandon wrote:
7 months ago
Votes: shullz (that is evil. So much potential. 😈) , FrostBoss216

(I wanted to make one mocking the meme Darth Vader riding Charizard but couldn't figure it out. Or a girl and her dog for a FMA reference but that is too dark. So not going for humor this time.)

Phyrexian Battleflies + Junkyard Genius

Junkyard Genius 1BR
Creature — Human Artificer (uncommon)
When Junkyard Genius enters the battlefield, create a tapped Powerstone token. (It's an artifact with "T: Add c. This mana can't be spent to cast a nonartifact spell.")
1BR, Sacrifice another creature or artifact: Until end of turn, other creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain menace and haste. If you sacrificed a creature named Phyrexian Battleflies and its power is 2 or greater this turn, exile it and Junkyard Genius. It melds into Brundlefly.
2/2
///
(Br)Brundlefly
Legendary Creature - Insect Human Mutant
Flying, menace, haste
Evolve
{b/R}: Brundlefly gets +1/-1 or -1/+1 until end of turn.
4/4

IIW: legendary card based on a real historical figures, object or landmark
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

shullz

Post by shullz » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10, Komandon

Didn't expect I'd spend most of the time for this card on a poem, but I really wanted some flavor text for this.

IIW: New Subtype: Ritual

LandellXil0cent

Post by LandellXil0cent » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10, shullz

Scatter the Minions
Sorcery (R)
Destroy up to six target creatures with total power of 15.
If creatures with five different token creatures are destroyed this way, you win the game.

IIW: Enforces an alternate loss condition

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 7 months ago

Votes: Komandon, shullz
Comments
Show
Hide
@Komandon: FMA reference is kinda genius tbh.
@shullz: (Maybe a card can be both colorless and colored with the right wording. Not sure.
We Will Keep Watch 3WW
Sorcery (Mythic)
If you control a Gideon Planeswalker, a Jace, a Chandra, a Nissa a Liliana and an Ajani, you win the game. Otherwise, search your library for one of these planeswalkers, put it onto the battlefield, than shuffle.

IIW: Mono blue or mono red with activation ability that cost WUBRG

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 7 months ago

Votes: netn10 , Shullz (🤔 a non creature. 👍)

Triumph Over Adversity 3BB
Sorcery
If you have 3 or less life, no cards in your hand, and control no creatures you win the game. Otherwise shuffle Triumph Over Adversity back into your library, draw three cards, create a 1/1 black Thrull token with "This Creature can not block and not be sacrificed" lose 3 life.

IIW: Card that's a name of song over 50 years old.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Votes: shullz, LandellXil0cent

Slinn Voda's Wake 2UU
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you cast a Kraken, Leviathan, Octopus, or Serpent spell, choose two -
• Create a 1/1 blue Merfolk creature token.
• Surveil 2.
• Put a swell counter on Slinn Voda's Wake.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Slinn Voda's Wake has ten or more swell counters on it, you win the game.

IIW: "without"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”