New Challenge Every Day - June 15th: A companion card to one of the 4-color commanders made for NCED May 29th

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Today's Challenge: A companion card to one of the 4-color commanders made for NCED May 29th

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 31 (+2)
Rithaniel 27 (+3)
JovialJovian 26
void_nothing 23 (+1)
VariousBoots 13 (+2)
Wren 1
.::Note of the Day::.

May 29th's thread

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Planeswalker types matter
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: VariousBoots, Rithaniel

War of the Spark B
Battle - War (Mythic)
(Cast the appropriate side when the scale is fully in their favor.)
Whenever you activate an ability of a Bolas planeswalker, move the scale to Bolas. Otherwise, move the scale to the Opposition.
Bolas 4 3 2 1 Neutral 1 2 3 4 Opposition
/// Three-Faces Card ///
Bolas, Multiversal Tyrant
(UBR) Legendary Planeswalker - Bolas (Mythic)
+1: Target player discards three cards.
-3: Amass 7.
-8: Target player loses the game.
{7}
/// Three-Faces Card ///
Tyrant Long Gone
(GW) Sorcery (Mythic)
(Cast if the Opposition won.)
Destroy each creature, planeswalker and enchantment you don't control. You draw a card and you lose 1 life for each permanent destroyed this way.

IIW: Battle
Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

(Gonna use custom planeswalker types, too)

Areran Story Seeker
Creature - Human Shaman R
When Areran Story Seeker enters the battlefield, search your library for a Borugorugoron or Nova Yeht planeswalker, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
As long as you control a Borugorugoron planeswalker, Areran Story Seeker gets +3/+3 and has trample and vigilance.
As long as you control a Nova Yeht planeswalker, Areran Story SeeKer has indestructible and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, scry 4."
"I know there are other worlds. I know Arera can never see them, unless the lock on the Eldrazi's prison be undone. This is what Nova Yeht has taught us."
4/4

IIW: Four-color uncommons
VariousBoots wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Mirror of What Was and Will Be
Legendary Artifact (M)
Whenever a planeswalker you control dies, you may exile it. If you do, search your library for a planeswalker card with a different name than cards exiled with Mirror of What Was and Will Be but shares a planeswalker type with the exiled card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.

IIW: A powerful instant with a big drawback
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Rithaniel, VariousBoots

Allies for the Gatewatch 3W
Instant (R)
Create a 1/1 white Kor Ally creature token. Draw a card. Repeat this process once for each planeswalker type from Gideon, Jace, Liliana, Chandra, and Nissa among planeswalkers you control.

IIW: Archangels
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Ydkisi, Sheath of Vilax 1G
Legendary Artifact (R)
If a triggered ability of an Equipment you control or Equipment card you own that isn't on the battlefield would trigger, that ability triggers an additional time. (Abilities those Equipment give to equipped creatures don't trigger an additional time.)
3BR, T: Ydkisi, Sheath of Vilax deals X damage to target opponent and you gain X life, where X is the number of cards put into players' graveyards from their libraries this turn.

IIW: Creatures that won't stay dead
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10 (that's a crazy idea for how a War card could work. Do players still attack it?), VariousBoots

Prophecies of Danyati
Legendary Enchantment R
Whenever Prophecies of Danyati or another enchantment you control leaves the battlefield or phases out, each opponent loses 1 life.
"I have seen many things, and yet I have seen nothing."
—Danyati of Worlds and Epics

//////////
The Trail of Danyati
Sorcery - Adventure R
Search your library for or up to three Dog creature cards and/or legendary or world enchantment cards, reveal those cards, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle.

IIW: Battle - War (As a War enters, each player gets a copy to protect. Each player can attack copies they aren't protecting.)
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: void_nothing (I wondered how this challenge could be solved by mentioning the Gatewatch, and you found a good way.), Rithaniel (Interesting lore)

It That Awakes Reality 4
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi (Mythic)
Companion — Tacater, Editor of Reality is your commander
Each T symbol of each nonland permanent is replaced by "3, Q".
Whenever a Q ability you control is activated, each opponent exiles a permanent.
3/3

IIW: "Companion — {Name} is your commander."

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

rithaniel variousboots

Yulg's Pyre 4R
Enchantment (Rare)
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, you may discard a card. If you do, add UBRG.
At the beginning of each end step, Yulg's Pyre deals damage to any target equal to the number of cards you discarded this turn.

iiw invincibility represented by other than indestructible
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”