Kalamax + MH3 Tempt With Mayhem

benjameenbear
Pronoun: he / him

Post by benjameenbear » 1 month ago

I have a tapped Kalamax and I cast Tempt with Mayhem. What's the order of spell copy resolution? I want to make sure I can explain it clearly to my playgroup when I copy a Eureka Moment or Nexus of Fate.

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 4 weeks ago
Any opponents who take the offer, if any, will have theirs go onto the stack in APNAP order. Which means, their copies resolve in reverse of that order. So, the person to your right has theirs resolve first, then the player to their right, then to their right, and so on.

Yours are put onto the stack above all of theirs though so if 1 player takes the offer, you get two copies which are on top of all of theirs and will resolve before theirs.

The spell being copied will dictate what the actual result of all this is. Copying a Eureka Moment is pretty straightforward but copying a Nexus of Fate means that your extra turns are *created* first but taken last since theirs will be created after yours and will be taken before yours. This is because new turns are taken in the reverse order they are created: the most recently created is the next one taken.
Go to full post

WizardMN
Answers: 133

Post by WizardMN » 4 weeks ago

Any opponents who take the offer, if any, will have theirs go onto the stack in APNAP order. Which means, their copies resolve in reverse of that order. So, the person to your right has theirs resolve first, then the player to their right, then to their right, and so on.

Yours are put onto the stack above all of theirs though so if 1 player takes the offer, you get two copies which are on top of all of theirs and will resolve before theirs.

The spell being copied will dictate what the actual result of all this is. Copying a Eureka Moment is pretty straightforward but copying a Nexus of Fate means that your extra turns are *created* first but taken last since theirs will be created after yours and will be taken before yours. This is because new turns are taken in the reverse order they are created: the most recently created is the next one taken.

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 3 weeks ago

Thanks @WizardMN!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”