The DCC - June 7th, 2024

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 4 weeks ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

I have a problem that I absolutely need to solve today. Tomorrow I should go to my MH3 prerelease, and whether I will be able to attend it or not will probably heavily depend on whether that problem gets solved, and that's unfortunately mostly out of my control. As the control junkie that I am, I just hate situations like this, and they have multipled since I lost my father last December. I need things like Magic now more than ever, I want to go to the prerelease and I will fight to the best of my capacity to allow that to happen.

DCC Scoreboard

bravelion83 16 (+1)
Indighost 13 (+2)
netn10 12 (+2)
Rithaniel 12 (+6)
Sagharri 12 (+3)
void_nothing 3
wizyard 2

bravelion83 wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: Rithaniel, Sagharri ("put the exiled card" though)

Smash the Rocks 4RR
Sorcery (U)
Destroy up to one target artifact and up to one target land. Then exile the top X cards of your library, where X is two plus the number of permanents destroyed this way. Until the end of your next turn, you may play those cards.
"As soon as I realized I could do nothing about my boss's death, I took a look at the rocks the human I had helped was still hiding behind. He was still there, and I had to check his conditions. I ran towards those rocks as fast as if I wanted to break them, even though that wasn't actually my intention."
—Jeff Lionheart
Indighost wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: Sagharri Netn10

Arctic Acolyte u
Creature - Human Wizard (U)
T: Tap target creature and put a stun counter on both it and ~.
"Oh dear, well, good start, but let's work on the self warding part again." - Sutin Ardval, Master Cryomancer
1/2
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
1 month ago
rithaniel netn10
netn10 wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: bravelion83, Rithaniel

Plusable Deniblity 1UU
Instant (Uncommon)
Turn target face-down creature you control face up. If it's a non-outlaw, counter up to one target spell with mana value less than that creature's power, then turn that creature face-down. Exile it and up to one another face-up creature you control in a face-down pile, shuffle that pile, then cloak them.
"Look at my beautiful face and tell me it was me."
Rithaniel wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: Indighost, Sagharri (good flavor)

HM: KB52665 - Kaalia of the Vast a little earlier on the curve with a more restricted main ability. I like the idea, but it feels a little rough around the edges. Also, miracle needs to be given to cards in your hand, not cards in your library, else you can't cast it.

Whreshe of the Red Wind
Legendary Creature - Devil Shaman R
Kicker
When Whreshe enters the battlefield, target opponent exiles the top X cards of their library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play those cards. If you cast a spell this way, mana of any type can be spent to cast it. If Whreshe was kicked, you may cast creature cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs.
4/1
This Cycle
Show
Hide
  • - Arhield, the Maneuverer
  • -
  • -
  • - Whreshe of the Red Wind
  • -
Sagharri wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: Indighost, Rithaniel

Acolyte of Dawn and Dusk G
Creature - Elf Cleric (R)
T: Add W if you gained life this turn. Add B if you lost life this turn.
"Something ends so that something can begin."
0/2
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 4 (finals). Extended judging deadline on July 3rd.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 4 weeks ago

Votes: Indighost, Sagharri

Steal the Goods 4UU
Sorcery (U)
You gain control of target nonland permanent an opponent controls. If that permanent is not a creature, draw a card.
"The man I had helped at the expense of my boss's life turned out to be a merchant that had been robbed of his goods and then left there to die."
—Jeff Lionheart
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 4 (finals). Extended judging deadline on July 3rd.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 4 weeks ago

Pumpkin Patch
Land {R}
You may have Pumpkin Patch enter tapped. If you do, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
T: Add G
3GG, T: Target Plant becomes a green Scarecrow Nightmare token with menace and trample and base power and toughness 5/5.

Indighost

Post by Indighost » 4 weeks ago

Votes: Sagharri, Rithaniel

Cairnfield Skullossus 8b
Creature - Skeleton Horror
Menace, Trample
As an additional cost to cast - you may exile any number of creature cards from your graveyard. Each card exiled this way reduces -'s cost by 1. Each skeleton exiled this way reduces ~'s cost an additional 1.
7/6

I have no idea if this is rules compliant.

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 weeks ago

netn10 rithaniel
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 weeks ago

Paendon, the Mangrove
Legendary Creature - Treefolk Wizard R
Hexproof
, : Draw a card for each creature on the battlefield with mana value 4 or greater.
, , Discard X cards: Destroy up to X target creatures with mana value 3 or less.
3/9
This Cycle
Show
Hide
  • - Arhield, the Maneuverer
  • - Paendon, the Mangrove
  • -
  • - Whreshe of the Red Wind
  • -
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 4 weeks ago

Votes: OneAndOnly, Rithaniel

Embracing Whisperer
Creature - Hag Warlock (Rare)
Whenever this spell or permenant becomes the a spell or an ability an opponent control, counter that spell or ability unless its controller put a -1/-1 counter on a creature they control.
: Target spell or permenant gains the above ability until end of turn.
"Let's hear you hush me without a mouth."
2/2

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 weeks ago

Votes: Indighost, bravelion83

Oblivion Seraph 5wWW
Creature - Angel (R)
Convoke (Your creatures can help cast this spell. Each creature you tap while casting this spell pays for 1 or one mana of that creature's color.)
Flying
When Oblivion Seraph enters the battlefield, destroy all other untapped creatures.
"Just get on your knees and pray for mercy, you fool!"
— Garrick, village leader

3/4

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”