The DCC - June 9th, 2024

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 3 weeks ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

See yesterday's thread and the discussion thread for netn10's probation.

Wonderful day today! I've had a lot of fun playing MH3, honestly more than both MKM and OTJ. You all should know who is my favorite planeswalker in real Magic canon bt now: Ajani. And who did I open in those six packs? Ajani himself! His DFC to be precise, in regular frame but foil. I honestly would have preferred not foil, but I'll definitely take it anyway! I also opened the RW Theros Titan (I'm forgetting its name now) and Detective's Phoenix, with several good commons and uncommons in RW, so I just had to built Boros, and deck construction was probably one of the easier and faster ones I've ever done. In the time alloted for building one deck, I built two. I also built a secondary Golgari deck to use in case I wanted to switch from one to another in between games, call it transformative sideboard if you want. Or at least, that was the intention. I've never done it. I had too much fun with the Boros Ajani deck that I never did the switch, not even a single time. I had a good enough mana curve for an aggro deck, with the maximum between MV 2 and 3. It was just a regular aggro deck, yet I went to additional turns in both round 1 and round 2 of the tournament, after round 2 my record was 0-0-2. I lost round 3, can't remember to which deck now, then I won round 4. That was a pretty easy win, my opponent has a very slow three-color deck that essentially did nothing until the late game, so I had no problems going under that and winning that round 2-0. In round 5 (the last one), I played against the worst enemy of any aggro player: an almost purely life gain deck, in Abzan colors. No way I could win that one. He kept using green and white bestow creatures as Aura playing essentially a pseudo-Bogles strategy, and obviously the first one he always played was one that grants lifelink, with several life gain on top of that. I told you, no way I could win that one. Given that I want both my LGS and Wizards making this kind of sets (I'm essentially the exact target of Modern Horizons sets), I also bought a box all by myself. I'll let you all know what I find inside it. I think I'll do the same for Bloomburrow. No way I'll do that for Duskmourn. Anyway, another wonderful day playing my favorite game with what will very probably become one of my favorite sets of all time. Most of all, another kick in the *** to my monsters! Take this, anxiety and most of all depression! Take all of this! And, to quote Linkin Park: Lift me up! Let me go! (from "The Catalyst")

DCC Scoreboard

Sagharri 23 (+6)
Indighost 20 (+2)
Rithaniel 18 (+3)
bravelion83 17
netn10 15 (+2)
OneAndOnly 3 (+3)
void_nothing 3
wizyard 2

netn10's probation: 20 days left

bravelion83 wrote:
4 weeks ago
Votes: Sagharri, Rithaniel

Ponder the Decision U
Sorcery (U)
Look at the top card of your library. Put that card into your hand or on the bottom. If you put that card on the bottom, repeat this process once. Then if no cards have been put into your hand this way, draw a card.
"Even though I had just killed a person, that man called me his savior. I wasn't feeling like that at all, but I accepted it. Then he asked me my name, but I wasn't sure how wise it would have been to tell him. I chose to take a moment to ponder it before telling him."
—Jeff Lionheart
Indighost wrote:
4 weeks ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, Sagharri

Dammit, I forgot to mark Skullossus as Uncommon.

Kami of War-Wrought Bonds 1rw
Creature - Spirit (U)
~ cannot be blocked unless all other attacking creatures with lesser power are also blocked.
"I most value ties not of blood born together, but of blood spilled together." - Akito, storied veteran
3/3
wizyard wrote:
4 weeks ago
Indighost, Rithaniel

Retroplasm 2GU
Creature - Ooze (R)
Graft X, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters among all other creatures.
2, T: Return target creature with a +1/+1 counter on it to its owner's hand.
0/0
Rithaniel wrote:
4 weeks ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, Indighost

Erthredes, the Cutting Blade
Legendary Creature - Djinn Spirit R
Creature you control with power 3 or greater have double strike during your turn.
: If target player was dealt 6 or more combat damage by creatures you control this turn, you and that player each discard your hand. Then you draw seven cards and that player draws three. Activate only as a sorcery and only once each turn.
4/2
This Cycle
Show
Hide
  • - Arhield, the Maneuverer
  • - Paendon, the Mangrove
  • -
  • - Whreshe of the Red Wind
  • - Erthredes, the Cutting Blade
netn10 wrote:
4 weeks ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, Sagharri

Gotchapon Machine 1
Artifact (Rare)
Imprint - When Gotchapon Machine enters the battlefield, exile any number of artifacts with mana value 1 from your hand, battlefield and/or graveyard.
2, T, Sacrifice a Treasure: Choose a card at random that was exiled with Gotchapon Machine and put it into its owner's hand.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 weeks ago
netn10 sagharri

Magda and Toralf 3RR
Legendary Creature - Dwarf God (Mythic)
Trample
Whenever a source you control deals excess damage to a permanent, create that many Treasure tokens.
Sacrifice six Treasures: Magda and Toralf deals 6 damage to each opponent. Exile the top six cards of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play those cards.
6/5
Sagharri wrote:
3 weeks ago
Votes: Rithaniel, netn10

Point the Defect B
Sorcery (C)
Put fragility counter on target artifact or creature. (When a permanent with a fragility counter on it becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.)
"This is the first step to achieving perfection for you."
— Keskit, Phyrexian artificer
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 4 (finals). Extended judging deadline on July 3rd.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 weeks ago

Votes: wizyard, kwanyeegor-ii

Forbidden Name 2W
Enchantment (R)
As Forbidden Name enters, choose a nonland card name.
As long as it's your turn, spells with the chosen name can't be cast.
As long as it's not your turn, spells with the chosen name cost 2 more to cast.
"In the end I chose to tell that man my true name. He called me a 'hero' and a 'savior', but honestly I don't feel either. I am just myself. Nothing more than that."
—Jeff Lionheart
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 4 (finals). Extended judging deadline on July 3rd.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

Indighost

Post by Indighost » 3 weeks ago

Votes: Kwanyeehor-ii, Wizyard

Call of the Void b
Sorcery (C)
Put a finality counter on each creatures. Draw a card. (If a creature with a finality counter on it would die, exile it instead.)
In a world where death promises no release, oblivion begins to look grimly inviting..
Last edited by Indighost 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 3 weeks ago

Votes: Indighost, netn10

Ihgus, Mind Mite
Legendary Creature - Pest R
, : You gain life equal to the number of cards in your hand.
, : Each player draws a card. Then Ihgus deals damage to each player equal to the number of cards in their hand.
"Never underestimate psychic powers. Even a flea is dangerous, if it has access to your mind."
1/2
This Cycle
Show
Hide
  • - Arhield, the Maneuverer
  • - Paendon, the Mangrove
  • - Ihgus, Mind Mite
  • - Whreshe of the Red Wind
  • - Erthredes, the Cutting Blade
Last edited by Rithaniel 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 weeks ago

Votes: bravelion83, Sagharri

Mass Eruption 2RR
Sorcery (Rare)
Destroy all Islands. For each Island destroyed this way, its controller choose to either create a Volcanic Island token cast a copy of Volcanic Fallout without paying its mana cost.

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 3 weeks ago

Votes: Indighost, wizyard

Mirrorworld 7UUU
Sorcery (M)
For each nonland permanent target opponent controls, create a token that's copy of it. Exile Mirrorworld.
If I can't get what I want, I will create a world where it will be possible!"
— Razus, the mad mage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”