Jetfire and Spark Double

The Desacrator
Pronoun: he / him

Post by The Desacrator » 1 month ago

Jetfire, Ingenious Scientist // Jetfire, Air Guardian
Spark Double

If I copy Jetfire with Spark Double and the copy flips, does it flip back as legendary?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 month ago
This is a moot point - anything that doesn't physically have another face can't transform, including cards that are copying DFCs (CR 701.28c). So what you have is a nonlegendary Jetfire of whichever face the Double copied.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

This is a moot point - anything that doesn't physically have another face can't transform, including cards that are copying DFCs (CR 701.28c). So what you have is a nonlegendary Jetfire of whichever face the Double copied.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Desacrator

Post by The Desacrator » 1 month ago

Got it thanks. Another Jetfire question.

Lithoform Engine

If I copy the flip side adapt ability can I flip him, make 3 mana and then adapt on the scientist side?

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 weeks ago

Yes, you can do that. First the ability copy will resolve and you'll have Jetfire, Ingenious Scientist with three +1/+1 counters. Although that side's activated ability isn't a mana ability, you can still activate it while you have priority before the original ability resolves.

What will then happen, assuming you remove all the +1/+1 counters is:

- You'll add CCC, all of which has the Powerstone mana restriction.
- Jetfire will convert due to the front face activated ability, becoming Jetfire, Air Guardian.
- The original ability will resolve. Jetfire will again convert remain on the same side due to CR 701.28f and get three more +1/+1 counters.

Edit: Corrected the last point thanks to Argus's observation.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Argus
Answers: 53

Post by Argus » 3 weeks ago

void_nothing wrote:
3 weeks ago
Jetfire will again convert
No, because that original ability was already on the stack for those other two converts.
701.28f If an activated or triggered ability of a permanent that isn't a delayed triggered ability of that permanent tries to transform it, the permanent does so only if it hasn't transformed or converted since the ability was put onto the stack. If a delayed triggered ability of a permanent tries to transform that permanent, the permanent does so only if it hasn't transformed or converted since that delayed triggered ability was created. In both cases, if the permanent has already transformed or converted, an instruction to do either is ignored.
Why bother with mere rulings when so many answers can be found in the Rules?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”