Chaos Wand and Transmogrifying Wand

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BOVINE » 2 years ago

Is there a point when activating your Chaos Wand that allows you to activate your Transmogrifying Wand?

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 2 years ago
I am not sure how these are supposed to be interacting but there doesn't seem to be any interaction. You cannot activate the Transmogrifying Wand until the ability from Chaos Wand is done resolving *and* the spell found has resolved since TW can only be activated as a Sorcery which means the stack needs to be empty and it needs to be your Main Phase.
Go to full post
B O V I N E

WizardMN
Answers: 133

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

I am not sure how these are supposed to be interacting but there doesn't seem to be any interaction. You cannot activate the Transmogrifying Wand until the ability from Chaos Wand is done resolving *and* the spell found has resolved since TW can only be activated as a Sorcery which means the stack needs to be empty and it needs to be your Main Phase.

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox

Post by BOVINE » 2 years ago

The scenario I had in mind was activating Chaos Wand during an opponent's turn when I normally couldn't cast a sorcery. Chaos Wand allows me to cast a sorcery so I thought maybe I could activate Transmogrifying Wand at some point
B O V I N E

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Then no - "as a sorcery" is shorthand for "activate only during your main phase while the stack is empty." See CR 602.5d.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”