marioguy3
17%

Total votes: 6

void_nothing
Warrior of Carrion Kingdoms
Answers: 129
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

It is once again time to vote to decide the winner of the CCL! Remember that you can always vote no matter whether or not you participated in the contest in November. And every vote counts!

The challenge for the final round was as follows:
Design five monocolored cards. Each of them must be a different single color and create a different single one of the following predefined tokens:

Food
Clue
Blood
Treasure
Powerstone
And here are our contestants' entries:
slimytrout wrote:
1 year ago
Syr Trista, the Merry 1WW
Legendary Creature - Human Knight (R)
First strike, lifelink
When Syr Trista, the Merry enters the battlefield, create a Food token.
Syr Trista gets +X/+X, where X is the amount of life you've gained this turn.
2/1

Taken to the Grave 2B
Enchantment (U)
Sacrifice a creature: Investigate.
Sacrifice Taken to the Grave: Return target creature with mana value X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is the number of cards you've drawn this turn.

Riotous Reveler RR
Creature - Vampire (M)
Haste
Whenever you attack with one or more creatures, create that many Blood tokens.
Whenever you discard a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Riotous Reveler.
2/2

Sundering Shimmer Xg
Sorcery (R)
Destroy X target artifacts and/or enchantments, then create a Treasure token for each g spent to cast this spell.
"Simplicity is the greatest beauty, purity the greatest good."
-Dwynen of the Gilt-Leaf

Glacian's Masterpiece 1U
Legendary Artifact - Powerstone (R)
You can't cast nonartifact spells.
T: Add c.
3U: Look at the top card of your library. If it's an artifact card with mana value less than the number of artifacts you control, you may put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into your hand and create a tapped Powerstone token.
marioguy3 wrote:
1 year ago
Clerical Reinventor
Creature - Cleric Wizard (Rare)
If an activated abillity of a food token would cause you to gain life, instead look at that many cards from the top of your library, put two of them into your hand, then put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
, : Create a food token.
3/4

Burning-Mad Cat
Creature - Cat Berserker (Uncommon)
Haste
Whenever Burning-Mad Cat deals combat damage to a player, create a blood token. Then if you control three or more food tokens,
you may have Burning-Mad Cat deal two damage to any target.
2/1

Buried in the Forest
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Choose one or both-
- Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
- Create two tapped powerstone tokens (It's an artifact with "{T}: Add {C}. This mana can't be spent to cast a nonartifact spell.")
Somewhere in the wild is a mystical object waiting to be recreated.

Lair of the Tri-pires
Enchantment (Mythic Rare)
When Lair of the Tri-pires enters the battlefield, create three black 1/1 Vampire creature tokens with lifelink, create three treasure tokens, and you lose three life.
At the end of each opponent's turn, if creatures that player controls dealt three or more combat damage to you, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token with lifelink, create a treasure token, and you lose one life.

Feature Investigators
Creature - Human Noble (Rare)
Flash
Vigilance, lifelink
When Feature Investigators enters the battlefield, create a clue token for each planeswalker on the battlefield.
Some don't like the appearance of teleporting beings, so the town's residents have hired these investigators to study their existance.
4/5
Poll will stay open for five days. Good luck to both contestants!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type, Kindred is a card type, and typal is a general term for caring about subtypes.

Henlock
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

Quick crits

slimy-
Syr Trista- While this can get very huge, there's something bothering me about the fact that she has both lifelink and first strike and an ability depending on damage. By itself, it will become a 2/1 that grows when blocking or blocked. This can lead to some argument in some cases on wether Trista needs to survive the damage of not to be able to grow.

Taken to the grave: Lovely sacrifice outlet and probably with potential for some convoluted nastities to be done with it.

Riotous Reveler- I feel this does a bit too much. Sure, the package of enabler and payoff takes work, but with each ability taken alone, I feel the conditions are way too easy to meet in red.

Sundering Shimmerer- This is too much for EDH, This kind of flexibility in removal plus the chance of getting treasures by hitting incidental permanents you wouldn't really mind being there otherwise makes it a very mean instrument of destruction that can even be paid with treasures itself to make everybody feel worse. XD

Glacian's Masterpiece: Of course this is only to be used where the first clause doesn't matter, but I can't stop thinking about how nice it would be to pair this with Liquimetal Coating and Gauntlets of Chaos. That aside, it is a neat engine for artifact decks that rewars building up your machinery.

marioguy-

Clerical Reinventor- To be honest, this feels very weird. It's worded in a way you would expect it to work with lifegain augmenters, but only works with life from food I don't know. Lifegain and blue is just a weird combination.

Burning Mad Cat - It might be a bit too small to shine but the "any target" here makes me think of Questing beast ability to hit planeswalkers and players at the same. With creatures, anything it could kill will is likely to having blocked it already. This is something to be used with other Blood producers because it will have real trouble getting there by itself.

Buried in the Forest- Fine limited spell. Nothing exciting but it fulfills two roles in one card.

Lair of the Tri-Pires: There's a lot going on here. This replaces its mana with treasures and leaves behing three lifelinkers to replace the three life you lost.. Then, it does give you stuff again when you are hit. It might be a bit annoying to play against but life returns are slow. I feel treasures a a bit more controversial here,

Feature Investigator- I really like this one. It makes a good job on defense and cares about planeswalkers, which is something supposed to be a white thing but that we don't get too much. I like that it counts opponent's planeswalkers as well and investigating based on such a generally expensive type of permanent feels appropriately safe for white.. Still, it might be a point of stats or a keyword too much.

void_nothing
Warrior of Carrion Kingdoms
Answers: 129
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

And @slimytrout walks away with the win! Congratulations!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type, Kindred is a card type, and typal is a general term for caring about subtypes.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”